Hello readers as you know that Google has recently released Android 4.4 KitKat and many of the devices already started receiving the update. But we at Gizmostorm are posting articles on updating your favorite devices to latest Android 4.4 though your device officially doesn’t supports the update. Today we have Samsung Galaxy y GT-S5360 in the list. We are going to show you How to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 4.4 KitKat.Samsung Galaxy Y is one of the most popular device among the masses. I still remind those days in which talking tom was played in the Samsung Galaxy Y in the TVC. The specifications of the device are good enough to run most of the apps in the playstore and its still selling like hotcakes in the market. Lets see How to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 4.4 KitKat.
The update we are going to write about is not official update its makes your device look alike the latest Google Android 4.4 Kitkat. By installing this Rom you will lose your warranty. Follow the steps carefully this procedure is only meant to update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 4.4 KitKat and may not work on any other device. Don’t try to do on other devices this will make the devices not work causing them a hard brick which is hard to recover. Proceed with caution.
Prerequisites to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 4.4 KitKat:-
- Make sure your device Model is GT-S5360.
- Charge the device upto 80%.
- Make sure you have rooted the Device and Installed a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod on it. If your device is not rooted, have a look at How to Root Samsung Galaxy Y gt-s5360.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device. During the process you will loss all the data present in your device. Kindly back up your device using the step-by-step tutorial.
- Download CWM RECOVERY, CM Kernel & Android 4.4 Kitkat rom.
Now you are good to go to start updating your Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 follow the below steps carefully.
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360 to Android 4.4 KitKat:-
- Copy all the files you have downloaded from above links to your SD Card.
- Now Turn off your mobile and switch it on using Volume up+power+Home button.
- The above combination takes you to a recovery screen.
- Now select update from SD Card and select CWM.
- Now you are in CWM recovery screen. Select Install from SD card.
- Select CyanogenMod.zip from the list after installing select reboot recovery.
- Now its time to format system, Cache & Dalvik Cache.
- After that select Install from sd card and Select Android 4.4 Kitkat rom.
- After installing the Rom do a factory reset from the recovery menu itself.